Friday, October 14, 2016

True Colors Part II

Not so long ago (read: basically a year, but what's time anyway?) I wrote my very first article to be published on the world wide web for everyone and their mothers to see. I have a good friend and an amazing organization to thank for that opportunity, one that I didn't think I would want to pursue. Becoming involved with Behrend's Her Campus chapter opened doors for me that I never thought to knock on, let alone even open.  For the longest time I wasn't interested in a communications position that involved running social media accounts, email campaigns, and following analytics. I genuinely thought event planning/interior design was the thing for me.  It wasn't until I became immersed in the Her Campus chapter both on the executive board (what up, @hcpsbehrend) and as a staff writer, that I began to day-dream. I day dreamed the heck out of a lifestyle so much that it has now become my first real-person, adulting job. 
Luckily enough, this opportunity came at just the right time. I was graduating, transitioning, and still incredibly eager to keep learning. As the social media associate for T2 Management, I have consistently grown as an adult and as a student of life. This job has pushed me to think, reimagine, and reevaluate almost everything I learned from my Behrend career. Although I may not be a PSB student anymore, I still stand by everything I wrote in my first Her Campus Penn State Behrend article - True Colors
So here it is, True Colors Part II. As I embark on the rest of my Wiz Khalifa inspired journey, this blog will chronicle the ups, downs, and inbetweens of the life of me: Madeline Rae Reichel, or as my dad likes to call me, Grace (but, that's for another time and post!)

No comments:

Post a Comment